As tradition would have it, every November we have teamed up with our local friends at Magnolia Brewing for a month-long celebration of artisanal beers. In past years, the focus was on Belgian Beers as part of BRU/SFO festivities, but for 2018 we have decided to change direction and do things a little different with the debut of the first annual, Eclectic IPA Month!
Thanks to Dick Cantwell from Magnolia, Shaun O’Sullivan from 21st Amendment and the brewers from each respective brewery, craft beer drinkers can enjoy 12 new IPAs, six from each location, throughout the month:
- Hazy Imperial Passion—Imperial hazy IPA with passion fruit
- Imperial West Coast Pine—IPA with pine tips and lemon verbena
- Brut Fruit—Mango-strawberry Brut IPA
- Pancake Syrup—Maple IPA brewed with toasted fenugreek seeds
- Super Natural—IPA brewed with Peet’s Ethiopian Super Natural and Etolie coffees
- Urban Forage— Collaboration with Magnolia, brewed with ingredients gathered from an urban hike through Chinatown’s produce and spice markets
- Red Spruce—IPA made with currants and spruce tips
- Shiso Fine—IPA made with shiso leaves, added three times
- South Island Hiss—IPA made with gooseberries and New Zealand Nelson Sauvin
- Theabelgo—Belgian Black Chocolate IPA brewed with Recchiuti Chocolate
- TukTuk Tea—Thai/Vietnamese Iced Tea-inspired IPA, made with Cha Dem Yen tea and lactose
- Henna Tattoo Double IPA — collaboration with 21A brewed with Buddha’s Hand fruit purée and pink peppercorns
These delicious creations will be available throughout November, with scheduled releases each week, starting with three beers from each brewery on Nov. 1, and then one beer from each brewery the following weeks until all 12 beers have made their way on-tap.
IPA enthusiasts who try all 12 beers and get their Pint Pass stamped for each will receive a commemorative Eclectic IPA Month glass (while supplies last). Pint Passes will be obtainable at both brewery locations.
Furthermore, for those who want to dive deeper into the magic behind Eclectic IPA Month, they can take part in one or both Beer Schools* hosted by Dick Cantwell and Shaun O’Sullivan:
- Sunday, November 18 at 21st Amendment Brewery in SoMa
- Monday, November 19 at Magnolia Brewing in Dogpatch
*details about each event forthcoming
We hope to see you this November!