February is Strong Beer Month, when 21A and Magnolia come together to craft 12 uniquely potent beers, six from each brewery. Much like BRU/SFO, those who sample all 12 beers and get them stamped off will receive a commemorative event glass. It’s a time-honored tradition we’ve celebrated every February since 2003, and here’s the line-up for what’s in store for this year:
- Grain Gatsby – American Barley Wine with Juniper berries (11.3% abv)
- Cherry Picker – Imperial Cherry Chocolate Stout (9.1% abv)
- The Big DIPA – Imperial IPA (10.0% abv)
- Bread Box – Rye Bock (8% abv)
- Last Chance Power Drive – Mega Saison; collaboration with Magnolia (9% abv)
- Salty Dawg – Imperial IPA brewed with tropical hops and Pink Hawaiian sea salt; collaboration with Fieldwork Brewing Company (8% abv)
All six 21A Strong Beers will be available at the San Francisco Pub, and most will be available at our San Leandro Tasting Room throughout the entire month of February.
And, for those who want a more in-depth experience, we hope you’ll join us for Strong Beer Month Beer School & Dinner w/ Magnolia & Ninkasi Brewing.
On February 15 from 7-9pm, join Shaun, Nico and special guests Dave McLean (Magnolia) and Jamie Floyd (Ninkasi) for an interactive Strong Beer dinner. Enjoy beers from all three breweries- paired with a delicious multi-course dinner – and learn the ins and outs of Strong Beer from the brewmasters themselves. Seating is limited and tickets will be required; cost is $45 per person. Book your tickets here now!